Thursday, July 29, 2010

Surprise!

So I think the past week has taught me the whole "don't judge a book by its cover" lesson ha ha.

Point #1 Despicable Me

Looks so lame, huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. When I first saw the previews I vowed I would not go. No way, no how. It just looked plain stupid-like that dog vs. cat movie where they team up or whatever? Ha. NO WAY. However, Adam had heard from tons of people that it was really funny and good. So...he decided that he was going and I was going with him, so I relented, thinking it would only be 2 hours wasted. Boy let me tell you that I was wrong. It was so cute! And really really funny ha ha! You definitely have to be in a cheesy, laugh at anything mood-but if you are, it's awesome!

Point #2 Glee

I don't think there's a person out there who has not heard of this show. I know I have. When I first noticed people sporting their "Glee" t shirts at school and heard people talking about some singing club first I was confused, and then I was just plain baffled. Once again, it sounds SOOOO lame! The first time I actually saw this show I was at Adam's house and watched it with his 3 sisters and mom. I had to try not to laugh out loud because it was so cheesy! I knew that it seemed even more cheesy to me because I didn't know any background info and that bugged me so I set off to see what this show is really all about. In 4 days I watched all 22 episodes. Granted, I still think that this is the weirdest and cheesiest show EVER, but it is so captivating. I just didn't want to stop watching it and I really liked it!

Thanks to being forced into trying new things, I found myself 2 new "likes" this week that I never ever would have guessed :)

No comments: