Friday, January 15, 2010

Appreciation '09-'10

This school year is half-way over. Already. I can't believe how fast life seems to be moving this past year or so. 9th grade FLEW by, and at the rate that this year is going, I'm afraid I'll blink and miss it all. High School I decided-like most things-is overrated. Everyone says how Junior High was the worst thing ever and how High School was so amazing. By no means am I trying to put down High School because, it definitely is great! And maybe it's just because I had a pretty great Junior High experience especially during my 9th grade year. This school year has brought many changes in my life and I am so grateful for the path my life is taking right now. Sure I have my moments, my days, and my weeks that I turn into the famous, stressed to the breaking point, and anxiety ridden 'OCD ya later', but overall..I have quite an incredibly blessed life and couldn't be happier.

Semester 1 of sophomore year...
-Starting in a new school filled with a lot of new, fun people!
-Sophomore home football games with Mechale and McCall and varsity home games with the whole gang.
-A great class schedule(although sometimes slightly, no actually extremely overwhelming) that is going to be hard to compete with.
*Algebra 2 Honors: I didn't have any close friends in the beginning, but I grew to become friends with many people in my class and the math has come pretty easily so far:)
*Biology Honors: Great class! Mechale, Hannah, Adam, Jack and I had some good times that I sure am going to miss.
*Fit for Life: I thought I was going to hate it like I always have with gym classes, but I really enjoyed it! McCall, Tyson, Adam and I had some good laughs in this class together.
*Seminary: Out of all my classes, this is the one where I made the most friends and got to love so many new people!
*Photography: My saving grace. Without this class I never would have completed any of my AP Euro or English homework! Hannah and I laughed consistently..sometimes to the point of crying.
*Health: "Merlynn and Berlin":)) Health started out dull, but it definitely grew on me. Without this class, I probably would never have gotten to know Bri like I have..and I love that girl!
*AP European History: A lot of work. Mrs. Brinkerhoff is one of my very favorite teachers however, and with Adam, Hannah and Mechale, the class has actually been pretty great. Homework wise-this class is a killer. Notes, reviews, test once a week, paper every 3 weeks. You think a certain flow would sink in and I'd be used to it but..nope. At least not yet!;)
*English Honors: Another killer. Thinking back, I honestly can only remember a few days (all of which were the few days before the last day of 1st and 2nd term) that we didn't have a test or a quiz. EVERY single stinkin' day! Test or quiz and some sort of homework due. Most of the things I have learned though have been pretty interesting and beneficial.
*All in all-my schedule for 1st semester rocked! I'm gonna miss this..:(
-Curry and Cody getting married and moving home. I love love love having them around and it's going to be really hard to see them leave here soon.
-LATE START FRIDAY'S: one of the incredible aspects of High School-don't know what I'd do without them!
-Turning 16 and being able to drive-another of those overrated things I mentioned..-however it DOES bring a sense of independence and self-sufficiency that I love.
-Watching..a LOT of movies!
-Amazing family trip to Hawaii that I will never forget.
-Strengthened relationships with all of my family that I am so so grateful for.
-The first year that I didn't dress up on Halloween:(
-My first High School dance that was a definite success.
-Getting to see the incredibly beautiful lights at temple square.
-All home and away Sophomore, JV and Varsity basketball games with Mechale, Natalie and Hannah. I have loved being able to hang out with these amazing girls more often thanks to boys basketball:)
-An..unforgettable Christmas with my awesome family.
-Wisdom teeth removed and the confirmer that anesthetics make me cry.

There are so many more experiences and thoughts that I could add to this list. The first half of this school year has been one of crazy ups and downs, but when I look back at it all, I see a time of my life that I will always cherish and never forget. Today being the last day of the semester, it hit me how much I'm going to miss so many parts of it and how lucky I have been. I am grateful for all the amazing people and influences in my life. I am also grateful not only for the 'up' experiences, but also the 'down' ones which have taught me to be more appreciative.
Thank you '09-'10. This semester has been amazing.

6 comments:

Curry said...

Ah, very cute Cad! It is definitely going to be hard to "move out". Glad your "OCD-ya later" semester has come to an end :) Love ya.

colterhaycock said...

Cute list Dizz-

High school is fun - so live it up :)

College is fun too, but it is 100 times harder :P That is, unless you're taking some stupid major like Carly - then it's easy.

Chiara said...

You forgot to mention me.....
Maybe THAT'S why you didn't get invited to our "skip school" day! ;)-
Love you Diz....like Colter says, LIVE IT UP! High school is so much fun!

colterhaycock said...

Oh... Thanks for having us on your blog list.

Caddy Haycock said...

I tried to add you to my list-but it says my invite has expired-so I think you should send it to me again:)

Mom said...

Loved everything you wrote Caddy-Annie! I sure do love you. Thanks for hanging out with us more and thanks for all you do to help me. You are an amazing young lady and I sure do love you. I am SO happy that you are happy. It puts a smile on my face! I am sure glad you are my daughter. You're the best!!! Love ya, Mom