It all started smack dab in the middle of one frigid February night. Falling asleep had been such a catastrophe since I could NOT get comfortable no matter how hard I tried, but finally, even through my discomfort, I fell asleep only to wake up about 2 hours later when I proceeded all through the night to wake up, throw up, lay back down...get back up and start all over again. By the time I was supposed to get ready for school, I knew there was absolutely no way I was going. So I text Mom-yes-she was in the house, merely a flight of stairs away-telling her that I wasn't going to school. The whole entire day I just consistently threw up. My body ached, I felt awful to say the least. But night rolled around and I was so relieved to learn that it was only a 24 hour bug.
I have always been told that you can only get the flu once a winter, but I am here to tell you that that is false! About two-three ish weeks later I woke up and during my 'get-ready-for-school" routine, I started to not feel well. Sure enough, before I left, I threw up. But I immediately felt better so I figured I was okay to go to school. Again..false. About a half an hour into choir first period I realized that school was a big mistake, so I quickly left class and went home to repeat my lovely day from a few weeks ago. This time I don't think I fully got over it because I still occasionally feel flu-y, and my stomach just hasn't felt right since..
OH but the fun does not stop just quite yet! :( While still feeling sick, I started to develop a bad sore throat and cold. Then at Cailey and Jill's family birthday dinner on Saturday night my voice started to leave and by Sunday morning it had completely vanished. Sunday night the glands in my throat were more swollen than I have ever felt in my life and it hurt so bad to swallow I could hardly eat.
And then today...I wake up and see that sometime in the night a very comfortable and "really really ridiculously good-looking" eye infection has taken over my left eye. BUT, I can't afford to miss yet another day of school, so I brace myself for a very long and agonizing day of feeling sick to my stomach, a sore throat, swollen glands, a cold, and and infected eye. My day went by surprisingly uneventful in regards to my deficiencies in the health department..until 4th period. The very last period of the day! All of a sudden, my ear started to throb. It increasingly got worse and worse until I seriously-not even kidding-almost started crying in the middle of class. Lucky enough class got out, took some pain medicine and since then it has started feeling better.
My body is under attack. And I can't handle it anymore. All I want to is to feel good again and quit being sick all the time! Please please please go away sicknesses! Pretty please?
7 months ago
3 comments:
Sorry 'bout it! I love you if that means anything! Just a thought.....do you take a multi vitamin everyday? If not, you should. With your lame eating habits you need a vitamin. It'll help keep you healthier. Promise!
GOOD LUCK! XOXOXO
Sorry it has been so rough C-Dawg. I sure do love you though and hope you are finally starting to feel a little better. You are an amazing young lady and I am in awe of all you accomplish and how hard you work at school. If it was me I would have just laid in bed for weeks and said whoops on school! Spring is on it's way and things are going to be looking up for you I promise. Sure do love you!!
Dizzinator-
Stop being such a baby and suck it up! ; ) Just kidding. Guess this was a bad year for you. haha The last two years were bad for me when I got deathly sick like 2 times and thought I was seriously going to die, and when I got kidney stones. But this year I have been great so far other than the swine. haha Im with mom though, just skip school and stay in bed!
Post a Comment