Through the past few years I have come to realize that I love quotes. I am by no means a creative person and there are many things that I could never put into words. And that is why I love quotes. People who have the amazing ability to make things short and simple and totally make sense get to share their creations with ME:) Even if I don't necessarily think about things in quotes beforehand, when I read them I can still love them. Anything from a simple, funny little saying, to a profound metaphor, to a statement that perfectly describes my life or thoughts, I love quotes.
After thinking about some quotes today, my new goal is to post a new quote every so often. The one I chose for today is one that I found last year and just completely fell in love with. It's nothing extraordinary, but I think that's why it's so awesome.
"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest." -author unknown
Every one of us has the potential to not only stand alone with enough 'brightness', but also to share our 'light' with others. We just need to quit worrying. Quit worrying about what other people think, about comparing ourselves to those around us, about wondering what could go wrong or if we're good enough. If we can be ourselves and find happiness in the moment, we can be amazingly bright stars. Maybe one day we'll all be able to do that..wouldn't that be somethin'? :)
5 months ago
1 comment:
ahhhhhh - I love that quote! I love quotes too....so post them all the time for me....I don't have the time or the brain power to seak them out! ;)-
Love you Diz...I think you are simply fabulous!!
Post a Comment