Friday, June 17, 2011

The Mom & Madden

I can't even believe how fast time flies by. I was 9 when Madden was born and here he is as a NINE YEAR OLD! That just means that I'm old-and I don't want to be. I'd love to go back to Elementary and be his age again. Lucky for me, hopefully after a few years of college that's exactly where I'll be!:)

My mom had a birthday on June 3rd and two days later Madden turned 9 stinkin' years old.

My mom is quite the amazing person. She has raised EIGHT kids and is still sane, not to mention as skinny as a toothpick. How she has done all she does for 30-some years I will never understand. Not only does she do it, but she does it happily and willingly and with a whole lot of patience and talent. Happy birthday to "The Mom"!

It is so fun watching Chiara and Bill's kids grow up. Each one has their own talents, weaknesses and personalities yet we all love them all! Madden is quite the boy's boy. He plays, loves, and is great at just about every sport! He is responsible and the sweetest kid ever. He's tough as nails when it's a competition, but soft as butter in his emotions. He's also a very good tease and can dish it out like it's nobody's business;) Madden knows how to have a good time and can make everyone around him happy. Happy 9th birthday Mad!

This year their birthday party was quite the event. Curry and Cody were brilliant and very nice and held the party at their house so that Mom didn't have to lift a single finger. We had delicious steak skewer things that Chiara and Bill are masters at making, corn on the cob, fruit, chips and salsa, the whole deal! Luckily it was a warm day and we were able to hang out outside the entire time!

We played racquetball...


and did a LOT of just hangin' out!




The Mom got to open her presents first...

We all went in together and bought her huge canvas pictures of the kids. The pictures don't show it, but there is one of each of the grandkids and one of all of them together. My mom hung them in the playroom and it is so cute!

Then it was Madden's turn...

He got shoes and clothes, a slingshot, a fishing pool and tackle box, and airsoft guns. Every single item was a hit!

Taking to the airsoft gun idea, the guys opened them all and Cody brought out his own from the house...


...then those of us who were willing became targets and they REALLY had the time of the lives acting like 12 year old boys all over again!


Happy birthday to The Mom and Madden! Until next time...:)

1 comment:

Chiara said...

Um....can I pay you to make my blog cute like yours?!?! Pretty please?!? I always love your posts....and especially your pictures! You're the bestest in the westest!! XOXO