Friday, June 3, 2011

Prom 2011: The Answering

Let me tell you. After being asked to Prom in such an AMAZING way, I thought long and hard, attempting to come up with an equally great way to answer.

No such luck.

I decided to stick with the theme of his asking and hope that he didn't think I was just copying him-which I was. So I set out to come up with some clever, rhyming treasure hunt clues. Instead of getting rated on my killing/survival skills on a scale from 1-12 like in Hunger Games, if I was getting rated on my creativity skills, I would get about a 2. My mom would fly by with a 15, but unfortunately I didn't inherit a single creative gene. And oddly enough, not many of my siblings did! Anyway, so my lack of creative skills made this a wee bit difficult for me. I came up with them after a couple hours of backspacing and deleting and beckoned my mom to come take a gander at them.

Here's what they looked like when she was done:

I think it's so funny! But don't get me wrong, I really appreciate her help and she made them all sound SO much better. She's incredible at stuff like this. Truly she is.

Then one night, I went to his house and delivered his first clue.
Clue#1:

If you read the clue, he was directed to get into his car and go to Neighbor's Market. Quite the great place ha ha! There, on top of the RedBox machine was his next clue.
Clue#2:

This clue led him to the picnic bench at Rocket Park. Under the bench he found another clue.
Clue#3:

He was led by this clue to the dugout at Mueller Park. There is where I had planted number four.
Clue#4:

This destination is the fantastic Bat Cave. It is a top secret hang out place for Adam and Tommy and I am NOT supposed to have ever been there, let alone know where it is ha ha. However, I keep it on the down low and nobody knows that I know where it is! Here is where he found his last and final clue...
Clue #5:

From the Bat Cave he drove home where he saw this:
(It was taken from my phone, so it's not great)

It was a giant poster board that Carly had used to answer someone in high school. It has a few strands of lights in back and holes poked that are each filled with one light from the strand. It is pretty cool if I may say so myself...ha ha. Here's a better picture of where I put it:

I went into his house and put the poster through the window in his room and put it out on the roof. It was quite the perfect spot since it was his window and he could see it perfectly when driving toward his house. Oh and I left him his favorite desert-cheesecake-on his bed ha ha:) He enjoyed that part the best I think...

This was a wonderful asking/answering and we both had lots of fun with it! Now at this point I was really getting excited for the dance! Fortunately for me, he had asked me. And fortunately for him, I said YES! ;)

No comments: